Friday, May 24, 2013

Connect and Disconnect


Interesting portraits can be made with just with eye contact or the lack of it - subtle or intense, there is so much emotional content to play around with - look at me, look through me or wander the worlds within.















































































































The photographs here were put together for a class project for PH 601 - Concept. With Mr. Wood's strong affinity towards portraits and my lack of a sound 'concept' in mind for the final project, the obvious choice ended up being portraits. A fairly straightforward way of going about it. Going after a slightly intense and serious look, similar to some of Dan Winter's commercial portraits, and experimenting a few different light sources while learning how the heck to use them - a series of images with connect and disconnect, its all in the eye contact or the lack of it.




Many thanks to all the warm and generous folks who gave their time to make this happen. Though they look serious (for the sake of the project I forced them to :|), I promise you they are incredibly fun.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not really a sad person!! So, great job getting these looks out of me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Sad' would be the last word I would use to describe you Madelene.
      The series wouldn't be as good without you in it :)

      Delete